Our friends at Hy-Vee want to make your tailgate experience this fall, whether at home or at the game, a great one with tasty, easy recipes that everyone can enjoy! In this week’s episode, Cory Anderson from the Zone (Weekdays 10 am to 2 pm on Sports Radio 810) talks burgers with Chef Mark, from HyVee, who shows us how to spice up our boring burgers with a new recipe…Hawaiian Burgers! All of the ingredients you need are available at your local Hy-Vee. See the recipe below:
Ingredients for 6 servings:
1.5 LB Ground chuck
1/2 cup crushed and drained canned pineapple
2 cups finely diced red onions, sautéed until caramelized.
Allow chilling before making burgers
1/2 packet Ranch Packet, dry mix
6 buns either Hawaiian roll or traditional bun
6 slices Provolone Cheese (from your Hy-Vee Deli)
2 tsp Honey Dijon Mustard and 2 tsp of Ranch Dressing (mix together thoroughly).
How to prepare:
– Combine ground chuck, crushed and drained pineapple, caramelized red onions, dry ranch dressing package
– Weigh out 4 oz burgers and pat into patty form, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before grilling
– Grill over medium-high heat until burger is cooked according to the desired doneness
– Place on the bottom bun and top with grilled burger, provolone cheese and the mixture of ranch and honey Dijon mustard and finish with the top bun
– Serve immediately & enjoy!