Below are current openings at Union Broadcasting:
Union Broadcasting has a rare opening for an Account Manager to join our sales team. We are Kansas City’s sports content leader and our radio stations include: Sports Radio 810 WHB and ESPN Kansas City 1510 AM and 94.5 FM. We have partnerships with every major sports team in the city and have a wide array of radio, digital and non-traditional assets that can be offered to a prospective advertiser to help their business grow and prosper. Media sales and/or sports team sales experience is preferred. Compensation is based upon experience in the industry and the relationships and revenue you cultivate and generate. Our management team works collaboratively with each sales team member in order to help you achieve your financial goals in the fast-paced, exciting world of sports.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1+ years in sports marketing or media sales preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Ability to establish and grow new relationships through thoughtful presentation of multi-media plans that help local business owners and high-level decision-makers grow their companies
- Knowledge of how advertising agencies interact with radio and ability to navigate and create interest in our products and services through utilizing Nielsen, Scarborough and other research available for sales support
- Able to work independently on sales tasks without direct supervision from time to time
- Strong computer skills and an ability to create own sales presentations as needed
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while paying attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team as well as think independently and plan your day
- Have a passion and interest in sports
We offer a fun place to work where a motivated individual with a passion for sports and creativity can thrive. There is no limit to what an individual can earn. If you qualify and are confident you can make a positive contribution to our team, please send a cover letter and resume to Sandy Cohen at. No phone calls, please. Union Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.